Friday, November 29, 2019

Day Nine - At Sea

This will be a short post for today...I didn’t sleep a bit last night and have had a headache most of the day.

I finally got out of bed at 7:00, there wasn’t much of a point of staying in bed any longer, hadn’t managed to sleep one bit last night.

I meandered and wandered the ship until our daily progressive trivia at 9:45.  Today’s theme was “entertainment, movies and TV” which is totally my wheelhouse.  Our team scored 19 out of 20.  The question we got wrong:  “Which artist had number one hits in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s?”

Care to make a guess?  Our answer was Tony Bennett.  The correct answer was Frank Sinatra.

After trivia I needed sustenance so I stopped at the IC for an almond croissant.  Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy.  That would see me through until I could graze again...

I made it back to the cabin at 11:30 and sweet mamma had just started watching the movie “Yesterday.”  I’d already seen it in the theater, but I LOVED (CAPITAL) LOVED that movie.  It was great fun watching her have fun watching the movie!

Nap time followed and before we knew it it was time for the Captain’s Circle Party.  We were joined by our new found friends, Diane and Paulette and enjoyed some lovely drinks (free, of course, the best time) and delicious canapés.

After the party we headed to dinner and then it was time for another musical trivia.  This time, the theme was rock and our team ROCKED IT  for the win.  Yeah us!

Following trivia we stayed for the “Frustration Generation” gameshow.  They divide the audience into different generations and the groups have to answer a series of questions.  I may have been pulled up on stage, and may have made a huge fool of myself.  But, what happens on the ship, stays on the ship.

After the gameshow I headed back to the cabin for a good night’s sleep.

Thanks for following along!