Thursday, December 19, 2019

Day Thirteen - At Sea

Yikes. Before I know it they are going to be throwing us off this beautiful ship.  I already want to cry...

Sweet mamma lost her glasses last night and they still haven’t been found!  Say a prayer someone turns them in today.  We have NO idea where she may have left them!

A couple of things I forgot to mention yesterday....

While having breakfast (sweet mamma was walking so I was alone) I was checking email and Facebook when I could tell the table next to me was staring at me.  I started to wonder if I’d spilled eggs on my blouse, or what the problem was.  The gentleman finally asked:

“Where you the judge last night?”

HA! Yes I was...

Later last night, after dinner, on our way to trivia, the guy behind me in the elevator says:

“Hey, are you that judge from last night?”

Me: “Yep, sure was”

Him: “Are you like, famous, am I supposed to know you?”

Oh lord, if I’d only known it would lead to THAT!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

The line for the dinning room this morning was crazy long.  We finally got our table and did have to wait a while for our food.  I think the added hour of sleep last night brought out a lot of folks early, today.

My eggs were excellent, the English muffins, not so much!  While trying to cut my English muffin, egg combo, the muffin (hard as a rock) slipped and launched itself towards me.  So I sat, finishing breakfast, with egg all over me.  At least I didn’t have to cook this morning, or clean up!

As always, we headed to trivia after breakfast.  We fared okay, and are getting close to the end. It will be interesting to see how we finish!

We met our dear friend Mike and Kathy for lunch, although I had to scoot quickly and missed out on dessert (that's wrong on so many levels).  The line for the dining room was extra long at lunch today and I had a 1:30 hair appointment!

I ran over to the salon/spa as soon as I was finished with my entree and met sweet Jenny.  She did an excellent job.  I took advantage of a spa special; Shampoo, deep conditioning, eye treatment and styling for $49.  I always like to relax so this worked for me.  Plus I now didn't have to spend an hour plus drying and straightening my hair.  Winning!

Before we knew it it was time for happy hour and dinner. What am I going to do without Diego and Jek every night? How can I possibly put a napkin in my lap BY MYSELF?  The thought is awful!!!

I headed to the nightly music trivia at 7:45 but skipped the 8:45 game show "Nature Calls.".  Instead, I headed back to the cabin for a movie and an early bedtime.

Tomorrow, the awful ritual of packing to leave begins.