Monday, November 25, 2019

Day Eight - Sea Day

We gained an hour last night, but that still made getting up at 7:00 this morning tough. I was tired, and still sore over the missing goods.  

We got ready and headed to the dinning room for breakfast. Have I told you how much more civilized the dinning room is than the buffet?  Have I told you recently?  And btw...the food is just better.  Poached eggs and fruit for me, fried eggs, bacon and stollen for sweet mamma.  I think we’d now be able to make it until lunch.

And then, I was that person...you know....THAT person...the one with a stupid, petty complaint.  Head hung in shame, I stopped at the customer service desk and complained about my stolen strawberries and cookies.  I mean, really, those strawberries were worth a virtual fortune! The ladies at the front desk got a good giggle, then I was on my way...

At 9:00 we headed to the enrichment lecture - “Thanks for the Memories - with David Wiemers.”  David is a former writer/producer from Hollywood and shared his memories of working and his friendships with folks like Tony Randall, Bob Hope, Ginger Rodgers and Mary Tyler Moore, just to name a few.

At 9:45 we were once again at Progressive Trivia.  Today’s theme was “food.”  Now, you’d think with all we’ve eaten, just on this cruise alone, we would have cleaned up.  We had to settle for 10 out of 20. I don’t see any trivia crowns in our future!

At 11:30 it was time for Cruise Director Alexander’s “Pop-up Music Trivia” in the Piazza.  Once again, if you had Stanley bear, you had to give the name or artist of the song he played.  I got Stanley first, and thank GOD someone shouted “High School Musical” out or I would have been dead meat.  He had a seriously eclectic group of songs for today’s trivia!

We just grabbed a bit in the IC for lunch (Muffuletta sandwiches, they were ehhhh) and we were joined for lunch by our progressive trivia team mates, Sybil and Leslie.  Always good conversation and a lot of laughs.

When we came back to the cabin, this happened...



Yes, all was right with the world again.  We once again had our precious chocolate covered strawberries and enough peanut butter cookies to last the week.  Guess it was okay to be THAT person, if only for a moment...

Nap time followed (are you getting the theme of this vacation) and before we knew it it was time to head to happy hour.  Tonight we were joined by our new friends, Pam and Mike. Sweet had a great time and agreed to meet tomorrow night for the Captain’s party.

Dinner was lemon sole followed by soufflĂ©... both excellent. 

After dinner we headed to “Disney” trivia.  We played with a great group of folks and finished in second.  If I’d only spoken up and said I thought one of the songs was sung by Donny Osmond we would have tied for first.  Who’d of thunk it?

We stayed and watched a new show, “Can You Survive.”  It was okay, not our favorite.  

Time to call it a night...got to rest up for another sea day tomorrow.

Thanks for coming along!