Friday, December 20, 2019

Wait - It's Time to Cruise Again???

Can you believe it?  I've only been home 20 days and here we go again!!!

I decided earlier this year that I wanted to spend the holidays with my girls away from the doom and gloom of Chicago. The holiday isn't just about gifts.  It's also about spending time with those you love the most.  And for me, that's my kiddos!

They've only just finished their final exams Wednesday.  Pretty sure they've both gotten a 4.0 this semester.  And yes, I'm one proud mamma.  They arrived home mid day yesterday and unpacked, only to start packing again.

Oh, and the best part?  My sweet puppy PIPER is home.  Well, at least for a day...this morning I drop her off at the kennel for her holiday away! So, she may not be super happy with me...I'll enjoy the love while I can get it 💓

Uber will get us this morning at 9:30 and we will head for the airport for our flight to Tampa.  This Christmas, for the first time ever, we will be sailing Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas.  I'm anxious to give RCI a try and see how they compare to Princess.

Rhapsody is a MUCH older ship....like it's as old as my oldest daughter, so after having just disembarked the brand new Sky Princess, I'm trying to temper my expectations.

Some may be wondering why we chose such a small ship.  For me, it comes down to itinerary. Yes, there are certain things about the larger ships that my girls may have enjoyed more.  But at this point, in my life, it's about the itinerary more so than the ship.  The fact of the matter is, we can have a good time no matter which ship we are on!

Here's the itinerary for our sailing:



My parents will pick us up at the airport in Tampa and spend the pre-cruise night with us at a hotel. We will also meet a couple of friends from WAY back for dinner.  Should be a great time!

And tomorrow morning we head to the Port of Tampa to board the Rhapsody of the Seas!  Come along, won't you?  Let's see what Christmas brings on the high seas!

Thanks for coming along!