Thursday, December 19, 2019

The End

All good things must come to and end...and here we are...

Sweet mamma was up at 4:30 which meant I was up at 4:30.  I left to get appropriately caffeinated before I actually spoke with anyone this morning.  When I looked outside, I could see land...for the first time in 7 days.  It also meant that my flip flops were being put away until my next trip.  No need for those in Chicago in December.

I purchased the Princess Transfer to Fort Lauderdale Airport.  Normally, I don't, but because this was the Sunday after Thanksgiving and one of the busiest travel days of the year and because there were 7 other ships in port and I had a 10:00 AM flight, I thought it the wise thing to do.

I had to be in the dining room on deck 5, mid ship at 7:00 this morning. The promptly advised us to head up to deck 6 mid ship to disembark.  We were swiftly off of the ship, through immigrations and on the bus on the way to the airport.  Where did that time go?  Wasn't I just leaving home for Barcelona?  How can you be kicking me off?

I was at the airport with my bags checked by 8:00. Easy Peasy

I spoke with the girls, as they'd left home at 7:00 this morning due to weather to drive back to Iowa.  I was secretly hoping they'd wait until I got home to leave, but that didn't happen.  Oh well, I will see them in three short weeks.

While they boarded my flight on time, they only had one functioning runway so takeoff was delayed.  When we finally did leave, the flight was the best kind; completely uneventful.

Before I knew it it was 2:45 and I was walking in the door at home.  The weather was cold and rainy, a terrible ending to a perfect vacation!